The Princess Kent Manufacturing Company of Fort Kent, Maine, a children's wear manufacturing company, was organized in the early 1950s under the laws of Massachusetts. The Board of Directors consisted of Lloyd B. Dunne (1895-1969), President; Bernadeen J. Dunne (1916-2009), Treasurer/Secretary; Edgar Lindsay of the American Business Service Corporation of Boston, who resigned in February 1952; and Evangeline Jalbert, who was elected to the Board in May 1952. By 1957, the only shareholders and members of the Board were Lloyd and Bernadeen Dunne. Robert L. Jalbert of Fort Kent was the corporation's attorney. According to the 1967 lease between L.B. Dunne, Inc. and Stayon Products for Princess Kent, Inc., the business was originally located
Beginning at the intersection of the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company right of way and the land of the Lessor, which is being hereby leased; thence in a northerly direction following Highway Number 161, a distance of 132.6 feet to a stake; thence in a westerly direction 148 feet to a stake; thence in a southeasterly direction 100 feet to a stake; thence in a westerly direction 36 feet to a stake; thence in a southerly direction 211 feet to a stake; thence in an easterly direction 294 feet to the point of beginning. Together with a right of way which is to the north of the above parcel of land, to be used in common with the Lessee and one Camille Daigle. In 1966, Stayon Products, Inc. of Greenville, South Carolina approached Princess Kent Manufacturing Corporation with a proposal to purchase the company. An agreement was reached in November 1966. The assets were sold to Stayon in 1968, and Princess Kent was dissolved in 1969. Stayon sold the business to Kleinerts Inc. in 1971. In 1976 the business closed briefly before reopening under new ownership as Kent Inc. Its location moved multiple times and the company expanded before being purchased by Gerber Products, Inc. in 1985. In 1996 the company was sold, then closed.