Skip to main content

Malecite Indians

Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Father Normand Ludger Thibodeau, O.F.M. collection

Identifier: MCC-00428
Dates: 1965 - 2000; Other: Date acquired: January 2016

Maps of Upper St. John and Madawaska Rivers in 1778 and land requested by the Natives and Kelly’s lot, 1787 from Library and Archives Canada

Identifier: MCC-00502
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a CD with two maps bought from Library and Archives Canada. The maps were printed on vinyl for an exhibit at the Acadian Archives and are part of the Acadian Archives permanent collection. The first map titled 1778 British Map of Native Village at Mouth of Madawaska River (LAC, NMC-10867) shows all the major tributaries along the Saint John River from the Allagash to the Bay of Fundy are displayed. A major Indian village at the mouth of the Madawaska...
Dates: 1778 & 1787; Other: 2010