Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of one multicolored oval braided rug made by Bertha Bouley Voisine. All the braid strips are a half inch wide when doubled and are machine sewn prior to braiding and lacing of the rug. The middle part of the rug has some red, white, and blue colors and the outer part of the rug has some red, purple, and gray colors. It measures 35 inches x 21 inches.
This collection consists of one catalogne (material woven from strips of old colored fabrics). This catalogne was woven by the Cercle de fermières de la Durantaye, a region in the province of Quebec, and was made to be used as a stair runner. The catalogne measures 19 feet long by 22 inches wide with raspberry red, beige, green, and blue colors. It was bought by the Acadian Archives to be part of their permanent collection.
This collection consists of one patchwork quilt made by Laurette Doucette in the 1990s. One side of the quilt is of multicolored pieces and the reverse side or the backing is of a solid chocolate brown color. The quilt is made of multiple 9.5 x 9.5 inch squares. There are different geometric pieces of material of different colors within a square. The material used for the quilt is polyester. The quilt measures 80 inches by 86 inches and is like new.
This collection consists of one machine woven French-Canadian catalogne blanket made by Rachel Simard of Edmundston, N. B. The catalogne/blanket is of white and light gray cotton and measures 90 inches long by 58 inches wide.
- Subject: Acadian--Antiquities X
- Arts and crafts 5
- Fort Kent (Me.) 2
- Textile industry 2
- Textiles 2
- Acadians--Maine--Saint John River Valley--Economic conditions 1
- Acadians--New Brunswick--Madawaska County 1
- Forests and forestry -- Measurement -- Instruments 1
- Grand Isle (Me.) 1
- Paper Industry--Maine--Fort Kent 1
- Patchwork quilts 1
- Quebec (Province)--History and culture 1
- Rag rugs 1
- Rugs, Braided 1
- Rulers (Instruments) 1
- Saint John River Valley (Me. and N.B.) 1
- Saint John River Valley (Me. and N.B.)--History 1
- Weaving 1
- Weaving--New Brunswick (province) 1
- Weaving--Quebec 1
- Woven textiles 1 ∧ less
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 4
- English 1